I Give Thanks for You, Dear Readers

I process life with my heart, my gut, and my instincts. Usually not logically. Sort of like the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.

Take blogging, for instance. When I first started, I decided it would a good idea to write dozens of posts in advance and pre-schedule them.

But my heart wouldn’t cooperate.

I panicked.

What if my creativity dries up? Then what? I’ll be an ex-blogger? An un-blogger.

But each week an idea comes.

Just one.

A gentle thought–so tiny, yet it sparkles.

Almost like manna from heaven.

Impossible to ignore.

And along with fresh ideas, God’s provided readers.

This Thanksgiving I’m grateful to you, Dear Readers.

You’ve demonstrated God’s faithfulness to me.

Thank you for the privilege of your time.

Thank you for reading, for each comment, and most of all, for you friendship.

We connect hearts here, don’t we? 🙂

Wouldn’t it be fun to gather at my cabin? I’d fix cheesecake and plenty of coffee and sweet tea.

We’d have a sure ‘nough PORCH PARTY, wouldn’t we!

I believe today’s message is…

If God’s calling you into a new adventure, no need to fret. He’s faithful. He’ll provide. His way. In His time.

Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies…” Psalms 36:5 NIV.

Gluten-Free Cheesecake

Easy Gluten-free Cheesecake

Crust:

Midel Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps (1 1/2 cups) Just use regular graham crackers if you don’t eat gluten-free.

1/2 cup melted butter

Filling:

3 (8-oz) packages softened cream cheese

5 eggs, separated

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:

1/4 cup sugar

1 (8-oz) sour cream

Melt butter. Pour over cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of spring form pan (or use a 9 inch Pyrex dish). I always use a spring form pan. Set aside.

Separate eggs. Beat whites separately until stiff but not dry. Set aside.

Beat cream cheese, eggs yolks, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Mix sour cream and sugar. Pour over cheesecake and bake for 5 minutes.

With so much love and  gratitude,

The Wizard of Oz from Flickr Commons

Comments

1. Thank you Julie and many thanksgivings to you for your faithfulness and trust in His Spirit and His message. You bless many and I turn to say thanks to you and God for bringing us all together to spur each other on to great works in Him. Blessings and thanksgivings!

• Tom, I think your word is THANKFULNESS. 🙂 I’ve loved your Giving Thanks post. THANKS for being an encourager!

Happy almost Thanksgiving Julie! I am so thankful for your beautiful blog every week–you have the best blog at Guideposts.(: Reading it is something I look forward to every week! Have a blessed holiday!

• Awwww, Patricia. A great big hug coming to me from you!!! So kind of you—–and we all have different needs at different times in life. Thankful that right now, my blog touches your heart. xo

3. Of COURSE you have lots of readers…..you have a way of placing what matters on the page. Thanks for using the gift God gave you to bless me this year.

4. Well said J…love you and thank you for the yummy recipe!xo

• Love you, Robin. Thinking about you Black Friday shopping! Hope y’all got your Steak and Shake this morning. xo

5. anna haney says:

I truly meant it when I listed you as friend in my post yesterday. I know I can count on you to make me smile, usually cry, pray, and think. You mean the world to me and I thank our Heavenly Father for bringing us together

• You know, Anna-Girl. Sometimes I can’t believe HIs goodness–you ALWAYS are standing there, cheering me on!! Brings me happy tears even now. Love you, precious friend.

6. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I’m getting ready to make our cheesecake now. (My fellers don’t care at all for pumpkin this or that ~ so cheesecake with berries, it is.)

Thank YOU, Julie, for being such a light in this world. The Love of Jesus shines through everything you write. I’m so blessed to call you a wwwcompanion, a blogmate, internetfriend… whatever our relationship is. 🙂 Thankful we were able to “meet” online!

• Melody, this cheesecake recipe has NEVER failed. Your men will love it.

Your words are sinking into my heart right now. Thank you. Thank you. Blogmate…I like that. I think you’ve come up with a new word. Wish we could meet face-to-face one day!!!

7. Ah so thankful for you, sweet Julie! I love gathering on your cyber-front porch. You are a joyous blessing to me and sooooo many others!

Love you, sweet friend!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

8. Norma Harris says:

Julie, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. You are really a blessing. Look forward to your weekly blog.

9. Oh, man, look at that cheesecake! I’m coming over…right now…booking a flight this minute!

I wonder if I tried making it if it would look that good? My stuff always flops. Never looks like the picture. Never has that “glow” of just-baked goodness. But you say “easy” and I say…why not try?

Hugs and love to you!
    B.J. and Charlie Bear

• PLEASE try it, B.J. No way this won’t do just beautifully for you.

Praying for you and yours today, wondering if it’s the Big Day….

All my love–OUR love, From Clyde too.

10. Ginger says:

I’m thankful for your lovely, uplifting blog. I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom. It’s always a blessing to see you’ve posted some new words for me to think on.
    God bless you and yours this Thanksgiving and every day.
    Ginger

• Ohhh, Ginger, I’ve just been so touched by the sweet comments–this one and every other one. Just feels nice to pray, write, and trust God with the results.

THANK YOU.

11. Homemade cheesecake, coffee, and sweet tea? Count me in!

Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend…
    Vonda

12. Ruth says:

Aw Julie … you speak to my heart, too. I have been so blessed by your blogs since my cousin Karen introduced me to them. You make me cry & you make me laugh. Bless you, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Ruth–I’m sending you a big hug from my heart to yours. And tell Cousin Karen, THANK YOU. I love meeting new friends this way. XOXOXOXO Thanks for letting me know you’re reading.

Oh, a gentle reminder. Thank you Julie.

This is a perfect description of the process I (usually) take waiting for God prompts to teach to my adult discussion Sunday School class. I felt led to start this a few months ago, despite it being way out of my comfort zone. So far I am loving it!

When I have those weeks where at the 10th hour I still have nothing, I begin panicking and planning. I have never, ever used those lessons. He always comes through, sometimes at the 11th hour. 🙂

You are such a blessing and I look forward to reading your ministry every Wed. Have a wonderful family filled Thanksgiving.

btw-I made it to 1000 on my gratitude list this past weekend!

• KIM, this is exactly what I’m talking about!!!! It’s just like walking on water, isn’t it! I can’t tell you how terrified I was to get started blogging. And then to let go and trust Him with the results. Sending up a prayer right now for your new class.

I know exactly what you mean–how He comes through even at the last minute.

Congratulations on your 1000 list!! That’s HUGE!!!!!!! And life-changing.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I am thankful for you, too, my faithful leaf sister! I look forward to your blogs every week and feel as if we do have porch parties via our sharing here and am so grateful for that! God bless you this Thanksgiving, you and all your family. BTW — the scripture you shared here was my scripture of the day this morning 🙂

–Other Julie

• Hey Other Julie,

Ohhh, I love being called a Faithful Leaf Sister! so sweet! And I look forward to connecting with your heart every week too. It keeps me writing. And loving. And trusting. And praying.

Love how even our Scriptures are twins!

15. Judi says:

I’m thankful for you .I look forward to your Wednesday messages. The cheesecake looks delicious. It would be fun to come to a porch party at your house. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love & blessings, Judi

• Thank you, Sweet Judi!!

I’m just so honored that you take time to read my blog. All my love to you and yours!

16. Jan Olson says:

I’m with Vonda and Judi–the cheesecake looks delicious! Scooted right by the recipe but it looks like it might have peaches in it. Does it?? Could it? Happy Thanksgiving, Bloggin Babe! I’m thankful for your blog.

• Hey Jan, no, this recipe doesn’t have peaches in it, but since I’m from Georgia, you’d think it would!

I love being a Bloggin Babe!!! Yes!!! That’s what I am–now I know!!!!

XOXOXOX

17. Chris F-F says:

Thank you for always helping to bring me back to center…and for seeing that I. Am. Enough. Happy Thanksgiving, you brighten my life!

• Chris, how can I thank you? You’re comments are always so right on target! You know me so well…

Love how you put it. I. Am. Enough. Amen, Sista’!!!

We. Both. Are.