A Father’s Love…So Wide…So Deep

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of Jamie, our oldest child, and her daddy.

I distinctly remember the sparkly feeling 25 years ago–our summer vacation before she started kindergarten. I glanced behind me and there they were, holding hands. Just the two of them.

Take a picture. There’s more here than you can possibly understand.

The photo sits framed on her daddy’s dresser. So many times, I’ve looked at it and prayed for her, like we mamas do.

We’re leaving for the beach soon, a family vacation, so maybe that’s why I’m thinking so much.

What is it about this picture, Lord? Why does it move me?

I thought about Jamie’s dad holding her hand. He’s an amazing father.  Honest. Protective. A good provider. He’s been tough when that’s what real love required of him.

Today he’s at Jamie’s apartment helping her move to her first house. Last week, he hung blinds for her and carried lots of heavy boxes.

But there’s more, God seemed to say.

I kept  looking at the picture and imagined Jamie’s Heavenly Father standing tall beside her during the ocean of life–hard times, trouble, disappointments, struggles. When waves have knocked her down, God’s picked her up. And He can use everything for His glory.

In my mind, He’s whispering, “Jamie, I love you with an Everlasting Love. You’re my Daughter. I will never, no not ever, leave you. You are Mine.”

Love, Julie (Mom :-) ) And congratulations on your new home, Jamie! We’re so proud of you. XOXO XOXO

P.S. Something happened with WordPress. You may be receiving this twice. Sorry! This was scheduled to run on July 4th, but I understand it went live–so happy early Fourth of July!

Comments

1. Janette says:

Beautiful post!

2. Julie Garmon says:

Thank you, Dear Janette!! Love to you and yours.

3. Marilyn says:

Julie, you write the sweetest posts! It’s wonderful to see and hear about what a wonderful father your husband has been and what a great example he is of the love of our Father in heaven. Thank you for sharing your life.

4. Julie Garmon says:

Thank you so much, Mar. Much love to you today. XO

5. Robin says:

I so love this photo and you’ve given it meaning that outlasts the moment …
    You’re so right about Ricky being a great dad, he’s given Jamie such a perfect picture of how well her heavenly father loves her.
    beautiful post J

6. I love this post and love seeing the picture! I’m a bona-fide, card-carrying Daddy’s girl, so this was special to me.

My dad’s been gone since 94, but I still miss him. Praise God I know I’ll see Him in eternity when I see my heavenly father. :-)

7. Julie Garmon says:

Awww, Vonda. I love what you said. Spoke to my heart big time. My dad died in 83. Thanks for reading and understanding my heart. XOXO

8. Emma Gay says:

Wonderful photo. So precious.

9. Julie Garmon says:

Thanks so much Em. We were coming home from South Carolina with Jamie in the back seat when I got your comment. I told her. XOXO Love you and I love your mom’s newly designed site!